In the age of digital photography, most people prefer having their photos and videos stored electronically. However, having duplicate files is inevitable, especially when dealing with high volumes of files. Duplicates consume space that could be saved for other new files. Devices such as PhotoStick have revolutionized photo and video files management. This device automatically scans your computer and sorts all your photos and videos, removing duplicates.
So, Does PhotoStick delete duplicates? No. PhotoStick will not delete your duplicate files; instead, it will only copy one of them if it finds duplicate files. However, before you start scanning, you can make settings on what it should scan and file types. You can also choose to delete duplicates, keep or delete folder names.
One of the biggest challenges in the world, where many people take random photos, is storing them. Most people store photos haphazardly; some get lost, stored in wrong folders, get duplicated, or accidentally deleted. This article looks at PhotoStick, its features, and how it works.
A PhotoStick is a special flash drive designed to help you backup and manage your photos and videos. It is a tiny, compact, and lightweight USB flash drive that can store a variety of photo and video formats.
So, what makes it special? PhotoStick comes with built-in software that scans through your computer, retrieves photo and video files, and then stores them in it. This software has features that let you decide what to scan, remove duplicates, which files to save, etc. It also securely stores your files with data encryption technology.
PhotoStick is versatile and works with all devices ranging from Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and android. It is suitable for people who often swap machines or move around more frequently.
It’s very easy to have duplicate copies of a file, especially when storing thousands of photos on your computer. PhotoStick OMNI does NOT delete duplicate files. Instead, if you have two or more of the same files with a similar filename, this device will only backup one of the files. This technology ensures you do not have duplicate files, saving you space for other files.
PhotoStick is a powerful device designed to assist you to easily and quickly scan your computer for photo and video files and store them as an external backup. Once you start the program, it does everything else automatically. Here is how it works:
When you plug a PhotoStick device into your PC or laptop, you get a notification that your device is plugged in and ready for use. To get started, open the device application. From there, the PhotoStick application will automatically scan your computer for photos and videos.
The scanning process might take a while, depending on the volume of your disk and the number of files being scanned. Once the scanning process is done, the application will show you a list of the retrieved photos and videos. Here you can select the ones you want to store. Finally, click “Go!” to back up the files.
PhotoStick is a tiny yet powerful device with amazing features and benefits. If you have read various thephotostick review, you probably are familiar with some of them. Here are the features and benefits of using a PhotoStick device:
- It is simple to use – Plug it into any PC or laptop, and it works.
- Works with all machines – PhotoStick offers great compatibility. It works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
- It offers high-level security – This device has state-of-the-art data encryption technology that safeguards your photos and videos.
- It’s affordable – PhotoStick OMNI is not expensive compared to its competition. Furthermore, it is fairly priced for a device that offers this much.
- It is a stand-alone device – It is self-sufficient. You do not need to download additional software or internet connection. You also do not need extra accessories for it to work.
- No extra payment – Once you buy your PhotoStick device, you’re good to go—no monthly subscription or storage fee.
- It supports a wide range of file types – PhotoStick supports almost all types of photo and video files and a few other files. These files include JPEG, TIF, MOV, MPEG4, PING, AVI, etc.
- It finds and sorts files for you – The built-in program in a PhotoStick device does the magic of automatically finding photos and videos from your computer. It goes further to arrange them for you for easy finding.
- It has high transfer speeds – The PhotoStick application transfers files at a super speed. Your backup process may not take too long.
- It removes duplicate files – Don’t get me wrong, PhotoStick will not delete your duplicate files; however, it will only copy one of the duplicate files.
In this section, we answered a few of your frequently asked questions:
PhotoStick OMI supports most photo and video file formats and document file types. Besides the standard JPEG, GIF, PNG, MPEG4, and MOV, it also supports other file formats such as BMP, AVI, WMV, PCT, Camera Raw, Photoshop files, TIFF, etc.
PhotoStick OMINI is a budget-friendly device that you can buy online. Since you can only buy from the official manufacturer’s website, its prices are standard and regulated. Here is the price list as per storage size:
- 32GB PhotoStick OMNI – $59.99
- 64GB PhotoStick OMNI – $79.99
- 128GB PhotoStick OMNI – $99.9
- 256GB PhotoStick OMNI – $149.99
Yes. PhotoStick is versatile and compatible with all computers, smartphones, and tablets. It comes with a connector that works with Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. For phones and tablets, you have to download the PhotoStick application.
A PhotoStick is not just your ordinary flash drive or external storage. It has sophisticated pre-installed software that makes it unique. This program automatically does all the work for you, from scanning, retrieving, transferring, sorting, and securely storing your photos and videos in just a few clicks.
The procedure of using a PhotoStick device is relatively straightforward and workable for anyone. The PhotoStick application is customizable; you get to decide which files to scan, whether to delete or keep duplicate files, and source folder names.