Flashing Xiaomi MI Flash Tool
Hello Everyone! Xiaomi MI, the mobile which has become a new trend in today’s generation. The users using the MI mobile are increasing exponentially like anything. There is no other mobile companies who can even par with the MI mobile users. So, today we are providing you the detailed post which will include the step by step sequential steps to be followed to flash the MI devices.
- Xiaomi flash tool, which we are discussing today, will only work with Xiaomi devices which are running on Qualcomm chipset. So, kindly check out the device thoroughly before trying anything blindly.
- It is always better to have the data back-up when we are dealing with the firmware and flashing things.
- Charge up your phone to at least 50-60 %, since the flashing takes some time and to be on the safer side.
- Download Xiaomi MI Flash Tool on the PC/ Computer from which you have planned to flash your device from. Extract once the download is done. If you don’t have any applications which extract the files, then kindly download and install this prior to this. Once you extract the file, you should be able to see the options identical to the one shown in the figure.
- Now, double click on the option MiFlash, which is the set up file.
- Now, download the Xiaomi stock firmware on your computer. Extract once the download process is done. Should be able to see the options shown below.
- The next step is to install the Xiaomi USB driver on your computer. Browse through the options in the extracted file and install the same.
- Power off the device whose flashing is planned. Hold power button for 2-3 seconds and then select Power off option.
- While flashing using Xiaomi MI Flash Tool, it is recommended or we can say it’s almost mandatory to switch to Fastboot mode. To do so, Press Power+ volume down button for 5-7 seconds.
- You should be able to view a screen shown below, which indicates that the device is switched to fastboot mode.
- The next step is to connect the device to the computer using USB cable.
- Open Xiaomi MI flash tool (local disk C/XiaoMi/XiaoMiFlash.exe). A new window will be prompted identical to the one shown below.
- Click on the browse option and locate the firmware folder which you have downloaded as mentioned in step 2.
- You are almost done! Go ahead and click on Flash button.
- It will take somewhere between 5-10 minutes for the whole process to get over. Please wait patiently. A success message would be displayed once it’s done. Close the tool and disconnect the device.
- Restart the device and it should work with the enhanced features.
Congratulations on flashing your device! I hope the post came in handy for the flashing. If you are facing any issues in following any of these steps, then feel free to drop a comment. One of us from our team will get back to you quickly. Also, go through the other posts as well. Thanks!