Flashing Stock Rom using Action Pad Tool
Hi everyone! Today, I’m going to post the detailed steps to be followed for flashing Arm Cortex based ATM702x tab.
Warning: We have tested this on the vendor supplied firmwares only. Please make sure that you have the vendor supplied firmware only. Individual image files, dump outside ADB may not work. Please take a backup before.
- Download Actions pad Tool v1.06.02 on your PC/ Computer. Extract the files once it is downloaded. If you do not have any programs to extract, then please download and install this prior to this step.
- Once you have downloaded pad tool and extracted it, you should be able to see the below screen. Browse through the options and run setup.exe.
- Click on next on the prompted page.
- Browse through the folder where you are installing and hit next.
- The program takes some time and a screen identical to the below one will be displayed.
- Click on Install this driver software anyway, the installation should complete successfully.
- A screen will be displayed saying the installation was complete, click on close once you are done.
- Power off the tablet which you want to flash by long press on power button and selecting power off.
- Connect the device to the computer; meanwhile hold the Power+ Volume button.
- Download and install Driver on your computer.
- Download and Extract the Stock ROM for your device according to its model number. A wrong stock ROM can damage your device
- Go to start and open Actions tool/Pad product tool and select the pad product tool. A pop up will be displayed asking you to select the firmware image. Locate the same.
- Select the file and click on open.
- Select replace and the process get started.
- Wait for some time as it checks for some pre-requisites. Once the 100% checking is done, click on the down button present at the bottom.
- The flashing process takes some time, once it’s done you should get a screen identical to the below one.
Congratulations on flashing your device successfully. I hope the post came in handy for the flashing. If you are facing any issues in following any of these steps, then feel free to drop a comment. One of us from our team will get back to you quickly. Also, go through the other posts as well. Thanks