Google Helper is the name given to Google’s intelligent personal assistant. It is a voice service that may assist you with tasks, entertainment, and general information, among other things. It is most often seen on Google Home devices, but it may also be found on smartphones, computers, wearables, and televisions. (Google Homes Update)
1. Verify the Version
The Google Home app may be used to determine the firmware version of a Google Home device:
- On the main screen, tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner or the Devices icon in the upper right corner.
- If you tapped on the Menu icon, then choose Devices from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, you may skip this step.
- Scroll down to identify the Google Home device card for which you wish to verify the firmware version. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the device card.
- Then click on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and check for the Cast firmware version: X.XXX.XXXXXX. Then click on Settings.
- Check https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7365257 to see what firmware version your device should have.
Google Home devices automatically receive firmware upgrades through Wi-Fi. The most recent firmware update enables you to take use of the most up-to-date features available on Google Home. Because you don’t have to do anything to update the device, here’s what to expect during the automated update process:
- During the upgrade, Google Home will be unable to answer questions or assist you with chores. Wait until the update is finished before speaking with your Google Assistant on Google Home.
- The Google Home app will show the status of the setup.
- Check the LED light on the top of Google Home to see if it is still receiving updates.
- The update might take up to ten minutes. If the update is taking considerably longer than planned, check the LED status to see if Google Home is still upgrading. While waiting for the update, the light will be white and gently revolving.
- Reboot Google Home if necessary by unplugging it from the power supply, waiting one minute, and then plugging it back in. This will restart the update automatically.