How to Flash MIUI Global ROM on a Xiaomi Phone
I am installing MIUI Global on a Chinese Xiaomi phone for the first time. The instructions for unlocking the bootloader, locating a global ROM, and flashing it to your Mi phone are simple to follow.
It’s very straightforward for clients to gain a Chinese-ROM Xiaomi telephone for use outside of China, either unexpectedly or deliberately. Not exclusively do the organization’s telephones go on special in different countries, but they are additionally commonly more affordable.
When you pull your Chinese-ROM Xiaomi phone out of the box, tho, you won’t know you’ve made a mistake. Everything is in Chinese, including the keyboard, and there is no out-of-the-box support for Google Play or other Google services. You have three alternatives for escaping this situation:
- Return it and replace it with a global ROM variation instead.
- Install Google services and discover how to tailor the Chinese ROM to your own requirements.
- Open the bootloader and blaze the Global ROM-point by point guidelines are given beneath.
Neither of the latter two alternatives is for the faint of heart, and if you’re a computer newbie who is uneasy tinkering with software and settings, we would never advise you to get a Chinese ROM Xiaomi phone.
How to Unlock the MIUI Bootloader
The bootloader is in charge of ensuring that the right operating system is picked when you turn on a device for the first time. You can substitute the first working framework for anything unique by opening it, yet numerous producers disapprove of this. Most Android telephone producers offer their gadgets with locked bootloaders, and opening the bootloader would quite often void your guarantee.
Assuming you get a Xiaomi phone with an open bootloader, you can be sure that the product has been altered. It trusts that by locking the bootloader and making it hard to open, or if nothing else, clumping them open, it will deter individuals from purchasing modest telephones in China and selling them on the worldwide market, introducing swelled programming on authentic Xiaomi handsets, or introducing real MIUI programming on counterfeit handsets.
To unlock the bootloader on a Xiaomi phone, the device must be signed into a Mi account and have an active SIM card attached. Xiaomi restricts each Mi account to only unlocking one phone every 30 days. If you were expecting to avoid this by registering numerous Mi accounts with different email addresses, keep in mind that each account must have its own phone number – and you must have access to that number in order to obtain a verification code.
Is a bootloader that has not been opened a security risk?
It might be, leaving your smartphone more vulnerable to viruses while also letting anyone who obtains your phone circumvent the secure login and flash a fresh operating system on it.
An unlocked bootloader might potentially interfere with the proper operation of some security apps. These applications will not be displayed in Google Play, but you may discover that if you sideload them thru the APK file, they will not operate.
We discovered issues while using Google Pay and Netflix on unlocked Xiaomi phones. Some banking applications may be affected as well. However, we haven’t encountered any problems with HSBC or Natwest.
So I can’t just relock the bootloader?
That is reliant upon the conditions. In the event that you streaked a Global ROM to a formerly Chinese ROM Xiaomi telephone, or the other way around, relocking the bootloader would break your telephone.
On the off chance that you recently opened and, relocked the bootloader, you ought to be OK. Notwithstanding, remember that opening the bootloader eliminates all information from the telephone, so make a reinforcement in advance.
The truth of the matter is that assuming you wish to streak the Global ROM on a Chinese ROM telephone, you should live with the opened bootloader for the remainder of your life. Assuming that you choose to go ahead with it, read on for bit by bit directions.
Request that the bootloader be unlocked.
- Navigate to your Mi account using your browser. If you don’t already have an account, create one for free.
- You must ensure that this account has a unique phone number; if not, click Add next to phone number.
- On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Check your system for updates and ensure that you have downloaded and installed all available updates.
- Turn off Wi-Fi so that you may only use mobile data. There must be a SIM card put in the phone, however it does not have to be the same number as the one linked with your Mi account.
- To enter Developer Mode, go to Settings > About phone and then hit MIUI version seven times.
- To enter Developer Mode, go to Settings > About phone and hit MIUI version seven times.
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options now.
- Scroll down and click on Mi Unlock status.
- Select Add account and device.
- A notification will appear alerting you not to disconnect from the network, sign out of your Mi account, conduct a factory reset, or wipe system data. Tap I got it.
Using the Mi Unlock Tool, unlock the bootloader.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on a PC or laptop.
- Extract the contents of the Zip file, then run Mi Flash Unlock.exe by double-clicking it.
- Accept the Disclaimer.
- Sign in using the same Mi account you use on your phone.
- Switch off your phone.
- To enter Fastboot mode, hold down the power and volume buttons at the same time.
- Connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Tap the Unlock button.
- You will be advised that an unlocked smartphone is a prime target for malware. Select “Unlock” anyhow after five seconds. The program will then unlock your bootloader and reset your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from the PC safely.
Locate an MIUI Global ROM
Finding and downloading a Global ROM is perhaps the most time-consuming portion of the process, given that the file will most likely be between 1.5- and 2GB in size.
You can’t just install any old Global ROM on the phone; it has to be model-specific and have a reliable Fastboot version. We assume you know the model of your phone, but you may double-check by going to Settings > About phone > Device model.
We found MiFirm.net to be a dependable provider of Global ROMs. Search for a model by name, then, click the Global tab in the rundown things. Select ‘Fastboot Stable,’ then, click the Download button near the most recent transformation. Follow the resources to download the program to your PC, then, separate the pack report’s substance.
Introduce the refreshed ROM on the telephone
- To flash a fresh ROM onto the phone, you must first download the Mi Flash Tool onto your PC or laptop.
- Download the utility, then, at that point, remove the substance of the Zip file.
- To send off the utility, double tap XiaoMiFlash.exe.
- If you are required to install drivers, create a new empty folder named log in the same location as XiaoMiFlash.exe and try to restart the application.
- Tap the Select button and go to the folder containing the Mi Flash Tool and other files.
- Turn off your phone.
- Enter Fastboot mode by holding down the power and volume buttons at the same time.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB.
- In the Mi Flash Tool, tap Refresh, and you should see a device ID appear in the list below.
- Important: Select “Clean all” at the bottom of the window. This will be set to “Clean everything and lock” by default.
- Tap the Flash button.
- When the Mi Flash Tool completes its work, your phone will reboot to the familiar Android login screen. It is now safe to turn off your phone.