Download and Install the LG TV Firmware Update via USB
Smart device software updates are essential because they bring new features, improve stability, and solve errors. If you have an LG Smart TV and wish to upgrade the firmware, you may do it either manually or through the TV’s settings. If your TV is incapable of checking for updates, you can manually download and install the LG TV firmware update through USB. In this guide, we’ll look at two different ways to upgrade the LG webOS TV software to the most recent version.
The LG TV software update downloads the most recent version of webOS for your TV model. However, it does not update third-party apps. Don’t forget to read my article on how to manually and automatically update LG Smart TV applications. If you possess a Samsung Smart TV, follow these instructions to upgrade the software.
Update the software on your LG television by going to the settings menu
Keeping the Software Update option enabled on your webOS-powered LG Smart TV is the easiest method to keep it up to date. If you don’t want your TV to automatically download and install updates, you may manually check for the newest software’s availability. Though the techniques outlined here are based on my LG NanoCell TV from 2020, they will also work on any other 2018 and 2019 LG LED and OLED TV models.
- On your LG TV remote control, press the Settings or Gear Icon button.
- Select the All Settings icon from the drop-down menu and click it.
- Now, on the Settings menu screen, go to the General tab and select About This TV.
- Highlight and click the Check for Updates option if you wish to check for the latest software update for your LG TV. As you can see, the updated webOS version 05.00.02 is already installed on my 75-inch LG NanoCell TV. If a new software update for your TV is available, you must select the Download and Install option.
- If you want your LG TV to automatically download and install the newest software, choose Allow Automatic Updates and click it. software update for lg smart tv
Firmware Update for LG TVs via USB
In the event that your LG TV can’t check for refreshes, you can download the latest firmware update and introduce it utilizing a USB stockpiling gadget.
Prerequisites: Depending on the software version and LG Smart TV model, webOS firmware sizes can range from 400MB to 1GB. Make sure you have the following three items before you begin.
- An internet connection that is both speedy and dependable.
- A USB flash drive
- It’s a computer.
You won’t be able to install webOS firmware for your LG TV if the version you downloaded is the same as or lower than the one already on your TV.
Let’s look at how to use a USB memory stick or pen drive to download and install the LG TV firmware upgrade.
- The first step is to obtain the firmware for your LG television model. The model number of your television may be found on the product information label on the rear panel of your television.
- If your LG TV is placed on the wall, it may be difficult to remember the model number. In that case, locate the model number by going to Settings > General > About This TV > TV Information.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the LG TV help page. On the website, select your location and nation, then click the Support option. Because I am from India, I chose Asia & Pacific > India as an example.
- Enter the model number of your LG TV in the search area and choose your TV from the list of options.
- On your LG TV’s support website, go to Software File(Version xx.xx).zip under Software & Drivers.
- Extract the firmware Zip file to your desktop once it has been downloaded. Software File(Version 05.00.02) is the name of the unzipped folder in my instance. The firmware file with the ‘.EPK’ extension is located in the folder.
- The firmware folder must now be renamed to “LG DTV.”
- Save the firmware file to the USB pen drive in the “LG DTV” folder.
- Check to see if your television is switched on.
- Insert the pen drive into the LG TV’s USB port.
- Switching to the SmartShare app on your TV will take some time for it to recognize the USB drive and ask whether you wish to watch the media files on it. To enable your TV to detect the firmware file, select the Stay option.
- You’ll notice a pop-up indicating “USB Update Ready” when your TV finds the firmware on your pen drive. To start the software update, click the Install option.
- The firmware upgrade for your LG Smart TV will begin.
You’ll have to wait a bit for the firmware upgrade to complete, so be patient. Finally, to finish the software update on your LG TV, you’ll need to restart it.
Caution: Any interference during the LG TV firmware redesign by means of a USB drive might end in catastrophe, as your TV might become inert. Make sure the USB drive isn’t removed or the power cable isn’t unplugged.