Flashing Media Tek MTK Smart Device using SP Multiport Download Tool
Hi! Today, I’m going to guide you through the detailed steps to be followed to flash your Media MTK Smart devices using SP Multiport Download Tool.
- It is always better to have the data back-up when we are dealing with the firmware and flashing things.
- Charge up your phone to at least 50-60 %, since the flashing takes some time and to be on the safer side.
- Download and Install Android USB drivers on your Computer. This is the mandatory need while connecting the device to the computer.
- Switch off the device by pressing the power button for 4-5 seconds and then selecting the power off button. You should also remove the battery when the device is switched off.
- Download the stock ROM in your computer. But the stock ROM downloaded should be compatible with the SP flash tool.
- Download SP Multiport Download Tool on your computer. Extract once it is done. If you don’t have any programmes to extract, then download and install this prior to this process.
- Browse through the extracted options and find the SP Multiport Download Tool and double click on the same.
- It will prompt a new window identical to the one shown in figure.
- Move the cursor to the top left to the file options and select the option Open Download agent file.
- Locate the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin file by browsing it.
- Now, Click the Scatter File and locate the Scatter file from Firmware Folder.
- After completing all these steps, tick the option BootRom+Preloader COM Select All.
- You are almost done with the requirements and options prior to flashing. Now, go ahead and click on Start All option.
- Connect the device to be flashed to the computer, while doing so press and hold Power+ Volume up button.
- The tool should automatically find the device and start the flashing process.
- Wait for the flashing process to be completed. You should get the success screen once the process is done.
- Disconnect the device and restart the device.
Frequently Asked Questions Listed Below
error: can not find cheksun.ini
If you don’t have checksum.ini file inside your firmware folder, run checksum_gen.exe inside firmware folder. Download it from here
error: Scan fail
Download New version of SP Multi-port Download Tool and Click “Start All”
The memory buffer for loading image verification fail!
Download All files again and Try again. if problem persist? then try with this tool.
Download New version of SP Multi-port Download Tool and Click “Start All”. If not works? then first Click “Start All” After that, Connect your device to PC. if problem persist? then try with this tool.
Congrats on flashing your device successfully! I hope the post came in handy for the flashing. If you are facing any issues in following any of these steps, then feel free to drop a comment. One of us from our team will get back to you quickly. Also, go through the other posts as well. Thanks