Update DJI Mavic 3 (Step by Step Guide)
The new drone, DJI arrives at the public. There are certain types of issues that break the hopes of customers. But, with the latest update, it gets into the original quality as the customers expect. There are simple steps to follow to update the drone. Either The device that installed DJI Fly or PC if not the Mac computer that installed DJI Assistant 2 will be enough for the task to perform. Soon after the firmware downloads, switch off the internet connection because it does not need to have a data connection while the next steps of the procedure happen. For sure, the latest update of DJI Mavic 3 brings the important features as the customers expect. In this article, we will deeply discuss how to ‘Update DJI Mavic 3 (Step by Step Guide)’
New features added after updating
DJI Mavic 3 was released a month earlier than the expected time. In addition, the introduction happened so early that brought a kind of benefit for the customers to go through it and observe well. In contrast, the public embraced the DJI Mavic 3 even though there were sorts of issues. The early arrival brought a downside for the very gadget on one side. That is because essential features were out of sight.
In fact, DJI announced that they are going to make the proper changes in January 2022 but still the lost features stay the same way. So, some sorts of features have been missed but the customers gather to take advantage of the features that consist of. Even though they have not made the updates by solving the issues the other offers are used by the customers.
Do you know the features that are available in DJI Mavic 3? Here is a list of them with a brief introduction.
Active Track 5.0: The very feature lets the user settle with a subject and then it helps the drone to moves the sides sideways, forward, and backward. Even though the beta test comes up with results, it needs more features to improve further.
Quickshots: When the drone is focused on a subject, the flight mode in it makes enables to recording of the videos, just like a circle in the surrounded area that the drone flies.
MasterShots: DJI Mavic Air 2S is the smartest version in the quick shot mode. It includes an improved feature. Here, 10 images can be recorded one after the other to make the 10 images in one video.
Panorama Mode: The drone captures several photos and can mend to make with high resolution. Most often, it uses for landscapes.
QuickTransfer: The drone supports to transfer of the data to the smartphone. It transfers without cables. Here, you can apply Wi-Fi 6 protocol that has 80 M/s speed. Really! Wireless connections are well.
There are more modes that help to the performance in Mavic 3. Officially, the notes of DJI Fly version 1.5.4 that was published on 10 th of December in 2021 mentioned them as follows. In addition, a new firmware was added to boost the performance of the app. Let us move on to the list.
• New firmware includes with FocusTrack, Hyperlapse, MasterShots, RAW that supports only the photo formats.
• Moreover, we can see the improvement in the connection of the remote controller.
• In addition, improvements have been done in these sections hover stability, advanced Return to Home, obstacle avoidance performance.
• In fact, the issues are over in prop arm vibrations, and noise in Cine Version Video by decreasing them.
• Further, the paring method of the USB with the PC resolves.
How to update DJI Mavic 3 firmware
So far, we discussed the offerings that provide in the newest firmware of Mavic 3. Now, we will go through the method to update the drone, remote controller, and battery to the newest version.
If you try to update the drone by using the DJI Fly app, here are the steps that you need to follow.
1. First of all, either the smartphone or the tablet needs enough battery level before the updating process starts. It is better if the battery level is above 20%.
2. Go to DJI Fly app on your device.
3. Take out the USB cable to connect the device to the controller.
4. Then, power on the controller in DJI Mavic 3
5. A new message will appear. It will inform you about the update. So, tap on it and go to the window for the update
6. Then, click on the button that operates the update process.
7. It will take about 10 minutes to update the firmware.
8. In that time, you need to be aware not to power off either the device or the drone.
9. Soon after the update completes, give the time to the drone to restart.
10. The update is successful.
On the other hand, you can get help from DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware in Mavic 3. Here are the steps:
- Switch the drone to on
- Apply USB cable to connect the drone to a computer.
- Go to DJI Assistant 2. The account asks your login details.
- Choose DJI Mavic 3.
- The option, firmware update will display on the left side upper corner in the screen. Tap on it.
- Then, choose the newest version of the firmware. Now, click to launch the update process.
- Stay few minutes to update the drone.
- Be careful either not to power off the aircraft, or to disconnect the aircraft. Do not close DJI Assistant 2 also.
- Wait until the drone reboots. It will restart soon the update is over.
- Now, you have the latest version of drone with you
Finally, you better select your preferred method to update the aircraft. Both steps will lead your aircraft to complete the update accurately. At the end of the update, your drone is ready for a flight.
update DJI Mavic 3 battery firmware
Now we inform you about the steps to update the Mavic 3 firmware. But the items in the aircraft would be alien for you. It recommends that the aircraft needs to have similar firmware for the battery. In most situations, the aircraft firmware and the battery update to the modern version. Rarely, the battery requires the update separately and that happens so only when you have more batteries than one. In these cases, a message will appear either in DJI Fly app or in DJI Assistant 2.
So, if you need to update that battery, go through the steps that you followed when you update the drone.
How to Update DJI Mavic 3 Controller
For sure, you need to update the Mavic 3 remote controller for a smart journey. Do you know? DJI thought to use the same controller for this drone as most of the drones are paired with. For instance, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2S models of aircraft are also connected with the Mavic 3 remote controller.
Let us see how the Mavic 3 remote controller needs to update to its newest version.
- Power on the controller.
- The relevant USB cable needs to connect the controller to the computer.
- Navigate to DJI Assistant 2. Check for the connected device.
- Find out the newest firmware version. Then, tap on it to update
- Now, let the update to start
- Stay about few minutes to install the firmware
- Be alert not to power off either the computer or the controller
- Give the time to the controller to restart automatically.
- Steps are over! You have done.
the latest firmware update now
All in all, we have caught up with all sorts of facts on how to update the drone to its latest firmware. Now, your drone is ready for a smart journey. But you may need to know the prevailing firmware version of both the remote controller and the aircraft. Let us see the newest versions of each of them.
- In 2021, the newest DJI Mavic 3 firmware was introduced. It happened on 10th of December.
- In fact, ‘v01.00.0400’ is the firmware version of the drone
- Later, the newest version of the remote controller is ‘v04.13.0400’.
- DJI Fly app’s newest version
- iOS: v1.5.4.
- Android: v1.5.4
The modern version of the firmware solves some issues that are some of the essential features. The issues are as follows: the PC cannot connect to the drone through the USB and several cases in the remote controller.
In addition, there were features that could not perform earlier. They are MasterShots, FocusTrack, and Timelapse. However, they solved the issues with the updates. In case, if your drone does not consist of these features, you better update the drone as possible.
Is it necessary to update my drone?
In this very article, we let you know how to update the firmware in DJI Mavic 3, including its battery and the controller. For sure, you may have a question about whether it is compulsory to update the drone once an update is released by the company.
Here is the answer. You need not be in a haste to update the drone. Whenever an update arrives you have to pay more attention. That is because, the software updates bring sorts of issues like n-flight deviations, troubles in transferring the videos, and connection issues.
Moreover, we advise you to check more details on the updates. Then perform the updates in battery, controller, DJI Fly app, and firmware in the aircraft. Related information regarding the drones will be covered by the Droneblog. Further, you can go to YouTube and check for your issue. Either the tutorials or the sharing of ideas of experts will on YouTube help you to overcome the questions.
Let us move to an example. DJI Fly app in the 1.5 version comes up with a terrible issue. But it did not affect everyone. Some of the users face difficulty, as they lose the connection at times. Most importantly, a firm connection is essential to operate a drone. In case of emergency, you can land the drone only when you are keenly alert to it.
However, the firmware update in DJI Mavic 3 is important to perform. Do you know why it is important? The update consists of crucial features for the drone to perform plus the fixes. Sometimes, the actions in the battery, the controller, and the drone will reduce. So, you need to focus on updating them after the other users try it first.