Control your device with Kitana
We all are aware of the fact that the Android is an open source. Any developed with fair knowledge of coding can start working on it and customize it according to his will. There is no friendly OS as Android is. You can also have Custom ROM which lets you do almost everything. Today, we will walk you through some best practices which you can apply to get the control of your device by one such particular mode called “ kitana” .
What’s this kitana and what does it do?
A fair question which arises when we mention this term. It’s a command line based mod for controlling various settings of your Android. It includes battery, Kernel tweaks and lot more. Only requirement of this app is that your device must be rooted to have this. If you do not want to root your phone or not have one, then disappointingly this post doesn’t help much.
- A rooted Android device,
- Any supporting Custom recovery
- Terminal Emulator (A command line Tool.
- There are many sites out there which have rolled out the KITANA mod. Download the flash able zip file from it.
- Boot the device to recovery mode.
- Install in the TWRP and select the zip file.
- You have to flash it by swiping at the bottom.
- Reboot it again.
Open Terminal Emulator and type the below shown command.
Features of KITANA with the detailed explanations of each and every buttons:
- BOOST: Free up RAM by dropping cache.
- FSTRIM: Fixes the trim lag bugs.
- BATTERY CALIBRATION: To be used only if problem is existing in battery.
- STATS RESET: Resets the battery status to initial.
- BATTERY SAVER: Saves the battery.
- DISABLE DEBUGGING: Disables R/W debugging resulting, theoretically, in improved battery & performance.
- DISABLE KERNEL PANIC: Avoids the reboot if the kernel is buggy or unstable.
- KERNEL SLEEPS: Improves kernel sleeps and saves battery.
- DISABLE I/O STATS: Reduces CPU use & save battery.
- FPS UNLOCKER: Improves performance, reduces battery usage by enabling a new FPS algorithm.
- IN-CALL DELAY: Reduces the call delay to receive or end a call.
- IMPROVE RENDERING QUALITY: Improves the graphics, but results in more battery usage.
- GPU RENDERING: Offers better performance at the cost of battery life.
- LIQUID SMOOTH UI: Optimized touch pressure scale with a little impact on battery life.
- BETTER SCROLL: Improves scroll response & speed.
- HEAP OPTIMIZATION: Optimizes heap sizes.
- HIGH QUALITY GRAPHICS: Use when your device is in low ram flag mode for optimized visual effects
- RUNTIME OPTIMIZATION: Tune Android runtime for better performance.
- KERNEL TUNING: The All in One Kernel Tuner for Battery, Balance & Performance.
- CPU OPTIMIZATION: Optimize CPU for performance, might result in more battery drain.
- SDCARD R/W SPEED: Boosts SD card speed.
- I/O BOOST: Boosts I/O for performance & Battery.
- CACHE ALLOCATION: Allocate the amount of ram to be used for cache allocation.
- CACHE RECLAIMING: Control the tendency of kernel to reclaim the memory.
- WAKE CONTROL: You can enable or disable doubletap2wake and sweep2wake but this needs kernel support.
- OOM KILLER: Improves performance when system is out of memory.
- NET SPEED+: Improves Download/Upload speed at the cost of battery.
- TCP TUNING: Boosts data transfer.
- GOOGLE DNS: Changes Public DNS to google DNS.
- RIL TUNING: Improves mobile data transfer.
- IMPROVE BROWSER SPEED: Improves browser speed by buffering. Small buffer is good and stable while large buffer offers performance thus obviously depleting the battery faster.
- IMPROVE VIDEO STREAMING: For smooth video surfing.
- IPV4 & IPV6 SUPPORT : For ipv4 & ipv6 support.
- FAST DORMANCY: Increases network speed but if not supported by network operator it can simply result in battery drain without providing any advantages.
- YouTube TUNING: Enables watching high-resolution videos from any devices but some devices might become unstable.
- DISABLE SYSTEM LOGGING: Stops logging and logcat and should result in a better battery life.
- DISPLAY QUALITY: Improves the display quality using a special binary.
- TOUCH IMPROVEMENT: Increases touch sensitivity at the cost of the battery.
- DISABLE BOOT ANIMATION: Disables the boot animation for fast reboot.
- REMOVE ADB ICON: Removes the adb icon from status bar when connected to adb.
- LOCK HOME LAUNCHER IN MEMORY: Keeps the default launcher in memory but results in battery drain. The developer says he’s working on a fix.
- BLACK SCREEN FIX: Fixes the black screen issue after a call ends if you have one.
- KILL MEDIA SERVER: Kills just the media server.
- KILL MEDIA SCANNER: Totally disables the media scanner. Results in a better battery life but you will have to restart the device every time you want to see your newly added media in your music player, gallery, etc.
- START MEDIA SCANNER: Needless to say, restarts the media scanner if you’ve disabled it.
- CAMERA CAPTURED QUALITY: Increases camera, and flash light quality, in theory.
- LOW MEMORY KILLER:Lets you control the RAM management on your device to some extent.
- LOW RAM FLAG: Can save battery but you can also get unwanted problems.
- ZRAM: Good for low ram devices but can make the device slow, needs kernel support.
- KSM & UKSM: Good for low ram devices but might drain the battery, needs kernel support.
- CLEAN MASTER: Free up device space by wiping data & cache partitions.
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Enables or disables Google Assistant.
- PARTITION REMOTE: Remounts all partitions for performance, only for EXT4 users.
- SCHEDULE TUNING: Can Increase performance & battery life.
- SDCARD R/W FIX: Fixes SD card r/w problems.
- ENTROPY GENERATOR: Improves r/w performance but can kill battery.
- ZIPALIGN: Improves speed & performance.
- SQLITE OPTIMIZE: Optimizes sqlite databases for performance & speed.
- CONTROLER: Lets you change CPU governor, Scheduler and TCP. Changes remain persistent at each boot.
- PROFILES: You can choose what kind of settings you want
Thank you for coming to our Page. If this page helped you , So then please share this website to all Social Medias like Facebook ,twitter and Reddit so then Others can find this Guide. Finally If you have any problem then don’t hesitate, feel free to Leave a Comment with Error Message.So one of our team member will help you as soon as possible.