If you are going to switch from iPhone to Android, you may have a lot of data to move. You’ll have to move your photos, music, apps, contacts, emails and physical addresses from your old device to the new one.
This article will guide you through transferring your contacts from iPhone to Android. There are several ways to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android. You can choose one depending on the services and apps you use.
There are 2 ways to transfer your contacts.
- Using iCloud
- Using an app
|These instructions are only applicable when transferring contacts from an iPhone to an Android. You can also transfer contacts from an iPhone to another iPhone and from an Android to an iPhone.|
How to transfer contacts using iCloud
The easier way to move your contacts from an iPhone to an Android is to export contacts to your iCloud account and then download a special contact list downloader app to your Android to retrieve the contacts in your iCloud.
Uploading contacts to iCloud
Follow these steps to upload your iPhone contacts to iCloud.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap on your name and then choose iCloud.
- Turn on the contacts toggle to back up your contacts to your iCloud account.
|If the toggle is on, your contacts are already backed up. You can continue with the next step.|
- Log in to your iCloud account using a web browser.
- Tap on contacts.
- You will see your contacts list. Make sure all your contacts are on the list.
Selecting an app to transfer contacts to Android
After your contacts are successfully uploaded to your iCloud, you have to download them to your Android device. As Android doesn’t have any built-in app that supports iCloud, you need to install an app that lets you download iCloud contacts.
Here are some apps that you can use.
The steps that you need to follow to transfer your contacts from iCloud to an Android device differ according to the app you use. But, all the apps generally follow the same process.
- First, log in to your iCloud account using the app
- Download your contacts.
- Confirm the contacts that are imported to the app you are using.
|If you use two-factor authentication with your iCloud, you need to set up an app-specific password from your iCloud account before signing in to the Android app.|
Transfer contacts using apps
iCloud is not the only cloud service that you can use to transfer contacts on your iPhone. You can use a contact transfer app such as My Contacts Backup to send your iPhone address book to your email as a VCF file.
- First, install the My Contacts Backup app on your iPhone.
- Tap Backup on iPhone.
|Before exporting your contacts, go to Settings and choose which fields among phone number, email, URL and address you need to export.|
- Tap on Email.
- Send the contacts list backup to an email address that you can access on your Android device.
- On your Android device, go to the message and download the VCF file.
- In the Open with dialogue box, select Contacts.
- Select Ok to confirm the import of your contacts when prompted.
- The contacts will appear in your Android contacts list.
Google contacts and Yahoo contacts are other cloud services that you can use to transfer contacts from one device to another. These Tools allow syncing contacts to any compatible device including iPhones and Androids.
Can’t You Use a SIM Card?
In most phones, you can back up contacts to your SIM card and then import them to another device. But with iPhones, you cannot do that. Because iOS doesn’t support storing data on the SIM card.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung without iCloud?
You can use cloud services such as Google contacts and Yahoo contacts or you can use another third-party app.
How do I download all my contacts from iCloud?
- Click the gear icon.
- Select the contacts and click the gear icon again.
- Choose ExportvCard to copy your contacts.
Are iCloud accounts free?
Yes. When you sign up, you will get 5GB of storage space. But, if you want more space, you need to upgrade your account.
Related- How to Export Contacts From iPhone